Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Austin is it's own kind of weird

I have never been to a more trendy city.  XGames was in Austin, TX this year and the homie was playing a couple DJ sets at the So-Gnar/Ford Fiesta booth, so I jumped in the car and rallied with him, because why not?  I had just gotten fired a couple days earlier and I just spent a little too much on a new camera, it only seemed appropriate.  Last year I shot XGames in LA on assignment for ESPN, but this year was strictly out for adventure.  We met up with our So-Gnar family and helped them set up their booth and mini skatepark for the event and went out for drinks later that night on the infamous 6th street.  We partied like college freshmen, we ate like backwood, bible-thumping hillbilly dudes named "Biscuit", and played Tinder Suicide.  Cut-off mom jeans, what the fuck???  If you don't know, go to Austin.  Since I wasn't on any assignment or schedule, I just rolled around and enjoyed my time out there.  Much respect to Pat, Griff, Big O, Big O's mom, Mitch, Phil, Red, Spicoli, Zeale, Sara, Nick, Caitlin, Guthrey, and everyone else I met who made the trip what it was.  Utmost thanks and respect to the one, the only, Furbie.  Love ya doggie!













No comments:

Post a Comment