Thursday, July 2, 2015

Lost Wages, Nevada

I am far too familiar with Vegas and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.  I have lived here a couple times before.  Once in 2003 for only about a year, then again in 2006.  I worked with my dad cleaning pools and branched off into my own business of pool maintenance.  I eventually left because I was young and having one of those F*ck you dad, I'm an adult moments that never pans out the way you think it will.  I have been back a few times to see him and for birthdays, but have always had a bad taste in my mouth about this place.  I was coming through to help pops out while he recovered form his biopsy and to hopefully make a little cash, so I wasn't worried about hangovers from parties the night before or blowing my money gambling.  Hell I wasn't really to worried about even shooting photos, this was more about spending some much needed time with my dad.  We worked for a few days and he got the results on his biopsy and everything came back clear,  so we could really just enjoy each others company without cancerous thoughts looming over our heads.  We headed out to the lake and holy hell it was hot.  Temps were between 100 and 112 every day I was out there and all I could think about was getting to the coast for some nice R&R on the beach.  I ended up staying of almost two weeks due to some issues with the van and trying to figure out a way to run air conditioning for Hobbes if I needed to work for a day or two.  I purchased a generator and an AC unit, then had to purchase a larger generator, then the AC wouldn't work so I got a new one, only to have the generator dick out on me, just to get it running and purchase another AC unit.  Pain in the ass.  I stayed for Fathers Day and found out my step dad was flying to vegas that night for work, so for the first time in my life I got to spend Fathers Day with both of the men that raised me.  It was one of the best dinners I've ever had and I consider myself super fortunate to have these men in my life.  After 2 weeks in Vegas, I'm finally getting out of this heat and beach bound.  GPS coordinates set to San Diego and I'm off!


Donuts as big as your head. Pre-lake breakfast

El Capitan Faronea.  "Babes are into dad bod"

Hobbes cruising around the lake in style

I knew about this little gem, but had to stop again for some Alien Jerky

Y'all got any rooms available?

No comments:

Post a Comment